MANSEHRA: Adviser to Chief Minister for Culture and Tourism Zahid Chanzeb on Sunday said the projects launched by the previous Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf government for promotion of tourism in Hazara division and scrapped by the caretakers would be executed.

He announced this while talking to mediapersons here.

PTI leader Jabran Malik was also present at the presser.

Mr Chanzeb, who received a warm welcome on his arrival here after assuming charge of his office, said his party had swept the Feb 8 elections in Hazara, and would execute projects in the region.

CM’s aide says region’s tourism potential to be fully tapped

He said the newly-installed PTI government had restored the

Sehat Sahulat Car Plus scheme to provide quality healthcare to citizens.

The minister said roads and other projects, which were launched in Siren, Konsh and Kaghan valleys to attract visitors from within the country and abroad, would be completed in time.

He said more tourism-friendly spaces would be explored in Mansehra to attract investment in accordance with the PTI founding chairman Imran Khan’s vision.

Speaking on the occasion, Jabran Malik said his party would also resume work on mega development projects, which the caretakers scrapped under the pretext of financial restrains.

TEHSIL OFFICES: Pakistan People’s Party on Sunday demanded of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to establish tehsil offices in the Pulrah area of the district.

Bakhtiar Tanoli, a PPP local leader, told a presser that the last PTI government had given Pulrah a tehsil status, but the required offices were yet to be established.

Flanked by other party activists, he said that the people of Pulrah were still deprived of basic amenities.

He said offices of Benazir Income Support Programme were relocated, forcing women to go to Mansehra to get the financial assistance.

Shamsur Rehman, another party activist, said the residents had been experiencing eight to 10 hours of power outages owing to the apathy of Peshawar Electric Supply Company.

“If the issues faced by residents are not addressed, we will launch street agitation for our rights,” Mr Rehman said.

PHONE SERVICE RESTORED: A cellular company on Sunday restored the mobile phone and internet services in Kolai-Palas district, which were suspended after heavy snowfall some two weeks ago.

The company’s officials fixed the faults at service towers located in the snow-clad Shararkot Top area.

The company’s officials said the area was still covered by three to four feet of snow and it was a difficult task to restore the phone and internet services.

Published in Dawn, March 11th, 2024

Opinion

Sexual abuse by Israel

Sexual abuse by Israel

Thousands of Palestinian men, women and children are languishing in Israeli prisons in subhuman conditions, with many routinely subjected to sexual abuse.

Editorial

Hormuz gamble
20 May, 2026

Hormuz gamble

The Strait of Hormuz has become the real centre of the confrontation.
The unkindest cut
20 May, 2026

The unkindest cut

SUICIDE, a complex symptom of deep despair triggered by mental health problems, is hardly a moral issue. Punitive...
Ad hoc culture
20 May, 2026

Ad hoc culture

THE Supreme Court’s ruling against prolonged ad hoc and acting appointments is an indictment of a deeply ...
Water win
19 May, 2026

Water win

Besides being a technical and legal win, the ruling validates Pakistan’s argument about the existential stakes involved for it.
Free ride
19 May, 2026

Free ride

THE federal and provincial governments have extended what appear to be major concessions to the retail sector ahead...
Ceasefire in name
19 May, 2026

Ceasefire in name

THE ink on the latest ceasefire extension between Israel and Lebanon was barely dry when Israeli warplanes were back...