"I see more joblessness in case the sales slowdown continues in the next two to three months," says Paapam chairman.
Imran asked ministries to bring down prices of wheat, sugar, cooking oil, fruit and vegetables, says Firdous.
The KSE-100 index declines 606 points (1.76 per cent) and closes at 33,870.
The initiative will provide Pakistan updated information of job opportunities in the UAE’s labour market.
Shares tumbled Friday as aviation experts said the revelations could further delay the plane’s return to service.
Senior vice president says some firms have expressed interest in both a long-term deal or a one-off transfer.
“Market stability should not be the subject of a tweet here, a tweet there. It needs consideration, rational decisions.”
Reduced CAD is a positive omen for the government, which is struggling with slow economic growth and high inflation.
The Pakistan delegation, headed by PM aide Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, is in Washington for IMF-WB annual meetings.
Finance ministry reaffirms commitment to implementing watchdog’s action plan, says FATF maintained status quo.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
We live in a country where the true wealth of the richest is buried too deep to be listed on billionaires’ lists.
KPMG concludes that the unbundling of Sui companies will not improve efficiency or profitability.
Chart by RA Published in Dawn, The Business and Finance Weekly, October 14th, 2019
Chart by Rehan Ahmed Published in Dawn, The Business and Finance Weekly, October 14th, 2019
- Thousands of workers sent home amid plummeting sales, claim auto vendors
- FBR to evaluate imported auto parts on unit basis
- Stocks retreat in jittery week
- States must abide by global trade rules: IMF chief
- In a crude world, no permanent friends or enemies
- An app to navigate labyrinths called malls
- Boeing pilots saw MAX system problems in 2016
- China, US make ‘substantial’ trade deal progress
- Bank Alfalah earns Rs9.2bn
- Cotton prices maintain bullish outlook
- Current account deficit shrinks massive 64pc
- Discounted power tariff hours for industry under study
- Cotton production dips 27pc
- China’s GDP growth slows to 27-year low at 6pc
- Sindh govt to facilitate oil and gas exploration
- Johnson’s Brexit: a lesser evil for UK economy?
- Stocks lose 28 points in choppy trade
- Cotton hits season’s high of Rs9,150
- Engro Fertiliser profits fall 14pc
- US imposes tariffs on EU goods
- Provinces’ poor response spoils drive against benami properties
- NA body briefed on genetically modified crops
- Flour becomes more expensive
- Foreign private investment jumps 51pc