Balochistan CM denounces ‘less preference and strategy’ for his province.
Hammad says those opposing government’s plan are only playing politics.
Gradual easing of lockdowns across the world has helped trade.
Regulatory part of CAA and commercial part of operations discussed.
Flour millers raise prices by Rs2 per kg on various varieties of flour a day after increasing rates by Re1 to Rs3 per kg.
Shops sealed, transporters, commuters fined in different parts of province.
CCP has initiated an inquiry to ascertain whether the oil shortages were caused by anti-competitive activities.
Government pays $1.67 billion as debt servicing, bringing SBP reserves down to around $10.36bn — a five-month low.
Euro rises as ECB adds another 600 billion euros to its already gigantic stimulus war chest.
Growers are expecting a price cut as locally made tractors carry 5pc sales tax.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
Uncertainty, fear and clipped family income altered the Eid market beyond recognition.
Companies have the option to either scale down their production or seek a similar business entity to join forces.
Both the prime minister and his adviser on finance have shunned proposals calling for even a slight increase in tax rates.
Published in Dawn, The Business and Finance Weekly, June 1st, 2020
- Exports fall again in May, but recover from April low
- Rs1.41tr development budget set to pursue 2.3pc growth target
- Reserves down on $1.7bn debt payments
- Oil marketing companies blame energy ministry for fuel shortage
- Gold gains 1pc
- Tractor orders drop as farmers await promised sales tax reduction
- Stocks dip 282 points on selling pressure
- Investors take profits as ECB boosts firepower
- With industry stagnant, govt aims for 2.3pc growth next year
- Centre to collaborate with provinces for agri package implementation
- Cement sales plummet as construction grinds to a halt
- ECC approves oil price hedging plan
- T-bills see cut in yields
- Policy focus now on growth, says SBP governor
- Working group to develop Risk-based Capital regime
- K-Electric facing furnace oil shortfall
- Stocks close flat after late selling
- FDI surges 127pc in July-April
- Fertiliser sales halt amid subsidy uncertainty
- CDNS cuts rates on savings certificates
- Privatisation progress reviewed
- Dollar continues upward journey
- ECC to decide on Rs20bn plan for hedging of oil imports
- Duty drawback raised for finished leather, plastic