Five of the six developments projects approved by the Executive Committee of Ecnec are from the water and power sector.
Sources say IMF delegation wants amendments to Nepra Act to ensure automatic notification of tariffs.
Law ministry sets up body comprising intelligence officials to formulate recommendations.
FDI inflows during July-October 2018-19 were limited to just $600.7 million against $1,119.9m last year.
IMF Regional Economic Outlook includes Pakistan in countries where debt will remain above 60pc vulnerability threshold.
The company will further need about 15 months to bring the project into operation, says a senior official.
FBR asks over one million late filers to pay penalty or higher tax for automatic closure of audit proceedings.
Rs11bn in sugar stocks were pledged by 8 mills owned by Omni Group to different bank against loans taken by group.
According to a fresh special audit report, the number of passengers fell from 5.6m in 2008 to 5.48m in 2016.
Saudi govt interested in setting up a petrochemical industry near Karachi, says Nawaf Saeed Al-Malki.
- Foreign investment plunges 46pc
- Nepra okays 41-paisa power tariff hike
- IMF wants end to govt’s role in power tariff determination
- Engro needs regulatory clarity for LNG plant investment
- UBL, Lucky relegated to MSCI small cap index
- ‘Debt level to remain high despite consolidation’
- Stocks dip 158 points on foreign selling
- Inflation for October revised to 6.78pc
- Cotton trading remains dull
- Gold eases
- ‘Credibility of China at risk if talks drag on’
- Palm oil falls
- Swiss body seeks more transparency on gold trade amid rights concerns
- FBR policy, administrative functions to separate in 100 days, IMF assured
- TAPI pipeline to move forward
- Govt seeks feasibility of Balloki, Haveli Bahadur plants’ privatisation
- State Bank of Pakistan warns against fake calls
- ‘Centre responsible for Sindh’s energy woes’
- Malaysia warns of ‘domino effect’ from US-China trade tensions
- ‘No Most Favorite Nation status for India planned’
- Stocks post modest gains amid choppy trade
- Cotton market marred by low activity
- Gold dips below $1,200
- Palm oil falls