In all, over 195 million shares worth almost Rs8.7 billion changed hands during the session.
Dollar hits as high as Rs109.80 in the interbank market before closing at Rs108.40-50.
Commerce ministry official says impact of govt measures will apply to imports from December onwards.
Govt moves to end fuel crisis as the second LNG terminal remains in trouble.
IMF official stresses need for optimally utilising available third-party data for bringing more people into tax net.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi says the hotel carries "cultural significance for Pakistan".
Car sales reached 87,273 units in July-November against 71,877 units in same period in the previous fiscal year.
Pakistan received remittances amounting to $8.02 billion in July-November.
Exporters allowed to directly dispatch transport documents to buyers abroad against shipments valuing $100,000.
Trading on a futures contract began at 6:00pm on the Chicago board options exchange (Cboe) at a price of $15,000.
- Remittances show little increase
- Bitcoin tops $18,000 in debut on major bourse
- Initiative aims to improve female participation in workforce
- Gold strengthens as dollar retreats
- Buyers paying more for quality cotton
- Palm oil falls for sixth day
- Expanding meat export market
- Entrepreneurs will be key players in corporate farming