PML-N's fifth budget allocates more than Rs1tr to development projects, Rs920bn to defence spending.
GDP growth highest in 10 years, size of economy crosses $300bn mark for the first time.
ISLAMABAD: The government issued fresh and rollover guarantees of Rs368 billion, equivalent to 1.2 per cent of GDP,...
Economic Survey 2016-17 says cut due to improving security condition after ongoing military-led operations.
I: Headline inflation, measured by the CPI, averaged 4.1 per cent in July-April against 2.8pc a year earlier.
Tax exemptions rise five per cent to Rs415.8 billion, following two successive years of reductions.
The industrial sector contributes 20.88pc to GDP and is a major source of tax revenues.
'CPEC has expanded to encompass cooperation in a large number of sectors under its short to long-term plans.'
The government in the latest survey revised the sector’s growth figure of last year to 0.27pc from a negative 0.19pc.
Business or banking hours for public dealing on Monday to Thursday will be from 8am to 1:45pm.
- Economic Survey 2016-17: Tax exemptions contain surprises
- Pakistan's ‘war on terror’ cost down 40pc to $3.9bn
- Govt remains vague on CPEC details
- Stocks stay flat on budget eve
- Industrial growth slows down
- Agriculture sector expands 3.46pc
- Imports spike nearly 20pc
- Govt issued Rs368bn guarantees in first half
- PSX outperforms regional markets
- Investment-to-GDP ratio slightly up
- Health is still among neglected sectors
- Inflation rises, but remains below target
- Oil plunges 4pc on disappointment with Opec cuts
- China writes 117-page wish list for ‘win-win’ US trade ties
- Dull trading on cotton market
- NTDC warns of looming capacity trap