KSE-100 index loses 91 points to close at 45,388.
"Demand for dollar is high as undeclared money is being invested in the US currency,” says official.
Despite being publicly listed, both firms question the other's accounting standards.
Fiscal deficit for the current year is estimated at 5.5pc of GDP — higher than the budgeted target of 4.1pc.
Government is considering to exempt sales tax on import of agriculture machinery in upcoming budget.
Tax consultants and practitioners believe it will receive an “overwhelming response from home and abroad"
SCCI chief fears move to cause further flight of capital, closure of industries in province.
The cement sector dominated trading with 18.6m shares traded.
Development spending to be cut, focus on salaries, defence, subsidies and debt service in 2018-19.
The Ecnec meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, approved the much-awaited funding for the project.
- Twin deficits worry government as budget approaches
- Agriculture package on the cards
- Dollar soars to Rs117 in open market
- War of words intensifies between K-Electric, SSGC
- Stocks falter after a day of relief
- Discos seek 50-paisa per unit hike
- Cotton production records 7.9pc growth
- Tax bar hails amnesty scheme
- IMF warns of risks as central banks tighten
- Uzbekistan agrees to boost agricultural cooperation
- Rs474bn approved for Bhasha dam
- Industry gives 48-hour ultimatum for power, water
- Foreign investment dips 47pc in March
- Furnace oil import for power sector allowed
- Cement scrips help index close in green
- OICCI for fair taxation system