Forecasts GDP growth to slow over coming quarters to clock in at 5.4pc during ongoing fiscal year.
"Positive engagement with IMF will continue over the coming weeks to finalise the programme with the Fund."
Fund wants further increase in power tariff, more taxes and complete disclosure of Chinese financial support.
The $1 billion are part of the $3bn package promised by the kingdom during the visit of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
After a brief couple of days of stability, panic has returned to trading floors.
Britain will leave the Union on March 29 next year, but will remain within its single market for a further 21 months.
A total foreign direct investment of $600 million was received by the country during 1QFY19.
The moratorium on fresh connections on local gas to the industrial sector was imposed in 2011.
Investors’ concerns deepened on President Trump’s new tirade at Pakistan.
Prime Minister Imran Khan is expected to inaugurate the 780km-long portion of the TAPI project, Dawn has learnt.
- Govt vows to protect foreign investors
- Cost cuts in media
- TAPI inspires China to launch a similar pipeline project
- Ban on industrial gas connections to be lifted
- $1bn received from Saudi Arabia: State Bank of Pakistan
- Harshest ever fiscal adjustment
- Mirza made head of SECP policy board
- Our ever-widening inequality
- Commodities: Cotton market fails to attract buyers
- Intricacies of domestic debt management
- Pakistan living beyond its means for several years, says Fitch Solutions
- Palm oil edges up
- Wheat: temporary glut or overproduction?
- Punjab to plug losses with ‘Master Water Plan’
- Gold prices firm
- Stocks dip 308 points amid economic concerns