Mehdi replaces Hussain Lawai who stepped down last week from the post on the directives of the SECP.
The issue has been lingering on since the historic supply chain disruption of January 2015.
Only two years ago, the CAD was at $4.876bn, spiking to $12.621bn the following year.
Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed says he was “delighted” to welcome Xi.
The market opened positive and quickly touched intraday high by 400 points.
"Market Participation was recorded as the highest in more than three months as volume grew 36 per cent over yesterday."
Council wants govt to utilise its services in all major projects like CPEC, dams.
The SBP believes that the housing sector in various economies serves as an engine of economic growth.
A steel dealer say the price of high quality rebar now hovers between Rs107,000-110,000 per tonne.
Minister says no sales tax and income tax will be levied in Fata for the next five years.
- Current account deficit rises to $18bn, reserves hit four-year low
- Sulaiman S. Mehdi appointed PSX chairman
- Govt, stakeholders in dispute over oil storage mechanism
- Xi arrives in Abu Dhabi after China signs deals with UAE
- Stocks settle well above 41,000 points
- Cotton deals at Rs9,500 per maund
- UK watchdog and EU tell banks to prepare for hard Brexit
- Study stresses more transparency in CPEC road projects
- Weak rupee pushes down PTCL profits
- Stocks rally 964 points as buying spree continues
- US especially vulnerable in trade war: IMF’s Lagarde
- China says US-led trade war biggest ‘confidence killer’
- corporate watch
- Pulses import plunge in India to ripple across Canadian,Australian farms
- Extension in sales tax e-filing date sought
- Bullish trend on cotton market