QUETTA : Four young men, three brothers among them, died after inhaling poisonous smoke in the Marriabad area here on Sunday.
According to the police, two labourers went into a water tank in a house for cleaning it. They took a generator along with them for pumping out water from the tank.
During the process, the labourers fell unconscious as smoke released from the generator accumulated in the tank. Then two other labourers went inside the tank one by one to rescue them, but they also fainted after inhaling the poisonous smoke.
The owner of the house informed the area police who rushed to the site along with a rescue team which recovered all the four bodies from the water tank.
The police took the unconscious labourers to civil hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
“We received four unconscious men in our hospital but they had already died,” said a senior medical officer who was on duty. They died after inhaling poisonous smoke released from the generator, he added.
The deceased brothers were identified as Mohammad Ashraf, Mohammad Rahim and Mohammad Taqi and the fourth labourer as Abid Ali. They were aged between 20 and 26 years.
Published in Dawn, June 14th, 2021