KP CM orders preparations for second wave of virus

Published October 7, 2020
Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has asked the authorities concerned to make preparations to deal with the anticipated second wave of Covid-19 in winter season to prevent and minimise losses of lives. — DawnNewsTV/File
Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has asked the authorities concerned to make preparations to deal with the anticipated second wave of Covid-19 in winter season to prevent and minimise losses of lives. — DawnNewsTV/File

PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has asked the authorities concerned to make preparations to deal with the anticipated second wave of Covid-19 in winter season to prevent and minimise losses of lives.

According to a statement, he said that there should be effective mechanism through close coordination amongst the different departments to make sure that pandemic did not cause problems.

Chairing a meeting of health department on Tuesday, the chief minister said that all the departments should join hands to cope with any emergency situation and safeguard people from the impending onset of the pandemic in the winter season.

The meeting reviewed the current situation of coronavirus in the province and the preparations of the government to deal with the possible outbreak of the virus.

Besides Additional Chief Secretary Shakeel Qadir, Finance Secretary Atif Rehman, Principal Secretary to CM Shahab Ali Shah, Health Secretary Imtiaz Hussain, Special Secretary of Health Dr Syed Farooq Jamil and other relevant officers attended the meeting.

The chief minister directed the high-ups of health department to ensure availability of all the required medicines and medical equipment in all the public sector hospitals of the province and enhance the overall testing capacities for suspected Covid-19 patients.

He also directed the relevant authorities to ensure strict implementation of SOPs in educational institutions to avoid the possible outbreak of the virus.

Expressing his satisfaction over the preparations of health department, the chief minister directed it to further improve the preparations and keep a vigilant eye on the situation.

He said that government was able to effectively deal the first wave of coronavirus. He added that in case of its second wave, the government was ready to deal with it more effectively.

Published in Dawn, October 7th, 2020

Opinion

Editorial

External woes
Updated 21 May, 2026

External woes

Relying indefinitely on remittances to offset structural economic weaknesses is not sustainable.
Political activity
21 May, 2026

Political activity

THE opposition is astir. There is talk of widespread protests this Friday over a list of dissatisfactions with the...
Seizing hope
21 May, 2026

Seizing hope

ISRAEL’S tyranny knows no bounds. After intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla that set sail last week, disturbing...
Hormuz gamble
20 May, 2026

Hormuz gamble

The Strait of Hormuz has become the real centre of the confrontation.
The unkindest cut
20 May, 2026

The unkindest cut

SUICIDE, a complex symptom of deep despair triggered by mental health problems, is hardly a moral issue. Punitive...
Ad hoc culture
20 May, 2026

Ad hoc culture

THE Supreme Court’s ruling against prolonged ad hoc and acting appointments is an indictment of a deeply ...