Winter vacation is over and you all have to gear up to get back to school and start fresh in a New Year. In the coming few weeks, I will be making some incredible school supplies to make you proud of yourself and your friends will envy your new stuff. Let’s start today with ice cream stick pencil holder.
The craft is pretty easy if you can get hold of colourful popsicle or ice-cream sticks from a stationary shop. I couldn’t get colourful ones, so I thought why not make it myself from scratch after all it is always a fun to do everything on our own.
Things you need:
• Tissue paper empty roll
• Crepe paper 5x5 (any colour)
• 10 ice cream sticks (depends on the circumference of the roll)
• Water colours (you can make multi-coloured or use a single colour)
• Cardboard piece cut into a circle according to the size of tissue paper roll.
• Glue stick
Colour ice-cream sticks one by one and leave them to dry pictures, 2 and 3.
Glue the edges of circular cardboard piece and stick it to one side of the tissue roll, so our one side remains covered, picture 5.
Spread glue over the roll, picture 6; fold crepe paper around it, picture 7.
Make sure the ice cream sticks are completely dry before you use them.
Then take one by one carefully and glue them to the roll, picture 8.
- You very own ice cream stick pencil holder is ready, picture 9. Decorate it any way you want.
Published in Dawn, Young World, January 6th, 2018