ISLAMABAD: The death toll from a weekend clash between protesters and law enforcement agencies has reached three, a leader of Majlis Wahdat-i-Muslimeen (MWM) said on Monday.

The leader, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the number of fatalities from the Sunday protest.

“According to our and the district administration’s numbers, those who have succumbed to death include Ali Raza, Razi Haider and Muhammad Basir,” he said. “There are half a dozen injured protesters who are in critical condition.”

The clash occurred on Sunday after thousands of people marched from Aabpara toward the Diplomatic Enclave. The march was called to protest outside the US Embassy against the assassination of Iranian religious figure Ayatollah Khamenei and other prominent personalities. The confrontation began when law enforcement agencies stopped the protesters in front of the Foreign Office building, resulting in a clash.

Published in Dawn, March 3rd, 2026

Opinion

Editorial

Hardening lines
Updated 22 May, 2026

Hardening lines

Iranian suspicions about Pakistan’s close ties with Washington and Gulf states persist, while Pakistan remains uneasy over Tehran’s growing engagement with India.
Unliveable city
22 May, 2026

Unliveable city

IN Karachi, when it comes to water, it is every man and woman for themselves. A persistent shortage in available...
Glof alert
22 May, 2026

Glof alert

FOR many communities in northern Pakistan, the sound of heavy rain now carries a different meaning. It is no longer...
External woes
Updated 21 May, 2026

External woes

Relying indefinitely on remittances to offset structural economic weaknesses is not sustainable.
Political activity
21 May, 2026

Political activity

THE opposition is astir. There is talk of widespread protests this Friday over a list of dissatisfactions with the...
Seizing hope
21 May, 2026

Seizing hope

ISRAEL’S tyranny knows no bounds. After intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla that set sail last week, disturbing...