LAHORE: The police failed to recover two minor sisters studying in Class VI and a young woman, who were allegedly abducted in two separate incidents occurring in different areas.

As per the parents of the two minor sisters, the girls were going to school on Thursday when they were allegedly abducted in Manga Mandi area.

The incident has caused serious concern among all the parents regarding the security of their school-going daughters as the police failed to trace the two sisters despite passage of 24 hours.

The girls’ parents lashed out at the police authorities, saying the abductions mocked the Lahore police’s tall claims about providing a secure environment to the women and girls in the city.

The abductors of woman, found unconscious two weeks back, also at large

In a statements, the parents also referred to Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz’s claim that the streets and roads of the province, particularly of Lahore, have been made safe for the women to walk freely, declaring violence against them as her ‘red line’.

They told the media that their daughters ‘N’ and ‘A’ were allegedly abducted by unknown men when they were on their way to their school in Rasheed Town, Manga Mandi.

They said that a private security camera had detected the girls walking down a street in school uniform. However, they suddenly went missing under mysterious circumstances, they said.

They alleged that the police failed to trace the girls because some of the cameras of the Punjab Safe Cities Authority (PSCA) in the area were not functioning.

They urged the Punjab chief minister to direct the police to use all available resources to trace their daughters, who have been missing for the last 24 hours.

The devastated parents said the local police officials were not treating the matter on priority despite knowing the sensitivity of the issue involving minor girls.

About another incident that occurred some three weeks back, a police source said that a 22-year-old young woman, K, was allegedly kidnapped from Shadbagh area of Lahore.

He said that she was later recovered in a state of unconsciousness in Eimanabad in district Gujranwala.

The initial inquiries suggested that ‘K’ was administered injections of strong tranquilisers by her abductors who later threw her along a deserted road in Eminabad.

The girl’s mother told the media that she was informed about her daughter lying unconscious by an unknown caller, who later switched off his phone.

She said her daughter was unable to describe what happened to her during her abduction because of trauma.

The Operations DIG says that a case has been registered against unknown kidnapper (s) and police are investigating the incident to dig out the facts.

Published in Dawn, November 15th, 2025

Opinion

Editorial

Hardening lines
Updated 22 May, 2026

Hardening lines

Iranian suspicions about Pakistan’s close ties with Washington and Gulf states persist, while Pakistan remains uneasy over Tehran’s growing engagement with India.
Unliveable city
22 May, 2026

Unliveable city

IN Karachi, when it comes to water, it is every man and woman for themselves. A persistent shortage in available...
Glof alert
22 May, 2026

Glof alert

FOR many communities in northern Pakistan, the sound of heavy rain now carries a different meaning. It is no longer...
External woes
Updated 21 May, 2026

External woes

Relying indefinitely on remittances to offset structural economic weaknesses is not sustainable.
Political activity
21 May, 2026

Political activity

THE opposition is astir. There is talk of widespread protests this Friday over a list of dissatisfactions with the...
Seizing hope
21 May, 2026

Seizing hope

ISRAEL’S tyranny knows no bounds. After intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla that set sail last week, disturbing...