Quarantine, isolation facilities set up in Khyber

Updated March 31, 2020

Email

Facilities have capacity of housing 1,300 suspected coronavirus patients in the three subdivisions. — Dawn/File
Facilities have capacity of housing 1,300 suspected coronavirus patients in the three subdivisions. — Dawn/File

LANDI KOTAL: The Khyber district administration has set up quarantine and isolation facilities with the capacity of housing 1,300 suspected coronavirus patients in the three subdivisions.

Deputy commissioner Mehmud Aslam Wazir told journalists at Jamrud Press Club on Monday that an additional 150 containers would be placed in Jamrud tehsil to accommodate at least 300 suspected persons in addition to the quarantine and isolation facilities established in different government buildings and hospitals in Bara and Landi Kotal.

He said his administration had two ventilations at its disposal and the provincial government had promised to provide two more.

“We have an emergency fund of Rs50 million being utilised for relief activities,” he said.

Mr Wazir said the tribal police and the security forces were assisting his administration in strict implementation of the Section 144.

He claimed the administration had so far traced the travel history of 90 per cent of the locals coming from abroad. “We are making all out efforts to trace the remaining 10 per cent for their timely scanning and conducting medical tests if required.

Later, the deputy commissioner distributed cheques worth Rs4.7 million among the family members of the Khasadar and Levies personnel who had lost their lives in war against terrorism.

Published in Dawn, March 31st, 2020