QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has said that the inquiry into the “fake” recruitment of thousands of teachers is about to be completed and vowed to take action against officials involved in the wrongdoing.
Addressing a meeting of the central committee of the National Party (NP) here on Sunday, he said over 8,000 teachers appointed by previous governments had not joined their duties but were regularly drawing their salaries.
He said an inquiry had been initiated and officials found involved in the scam would be dismissed from their service.
CM claims 8,000 teachers appointed by previous governments have not joined duty, but are drawing salary
The CM said his government had adopted a `zero tolerance policy against corruption’ and it would not allow loot and plunder of public resources and bring corrupt officials to book.
He said steps were being taken to eliminate the culture of absenteeism in schools, hospitals and other government organisations and it would be ensured that teachers, doctors and other employees regularly attended their duty.
He said a decline in the crime rate had been registered because of efforts made by the government.
“Law-enforcement agencies have busted several gangs of kidnappers and action will continue till the elimination of the last gang,” he said.
“The issue of missing persons lingers on,” he admitted and said efforts were under way to solve the problem.
Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo, NP Secretary General Mir Tahir Bizenjo, former senator Dr Abdul Hayee Baloch, Dr Yasin Baloch and other members of the central committee attended the meeting.
Published in Dawn, September 15th, 2014