PESHAWAR: The Taliban Shura has finalised a fifteen point draft for negotiations with the Pakistan government and the draft proposal is likely to be handed over to the peace facilitators and their representatives who are in Waziristan, sources said.
The Taliban Shura had been meeting since Saturday under its deputy Ameer Sheikh Khalid Haqqani.
Professor Ibrahim Khan and Maulana Yousuf Shah who are in Waziristan for a meeting with the Taliban Shura are likely to convey these points to the committee formed by the government for mediation.
The points are:
• Stop drone attacks
• Introduce Sharia law in courts
• Introduce Islamic system of education in both public and private educational institutions
• Free Pakistani and foreign Taliban captured in jails
• Restoration and remuneration for damage to property during drone attacks
• Hand over control of tribal areas to local forces
• Withdrawal of army from tribal areas and close down check posts
• All criminal allegations held against the Taliban to be dropped
• Prisoners from both sides to be released
• Equal rights for all, poor and rich
• Families of drone attack victims to be offered jobs
• End interest based banking system
• Stop supporting the US on the war on terror
• Replace the democratic system of governance with Islamic system
• Break all relations with the US