The KSE-100 index barely cross the 49,000 level amid choppy trades.
Prices of almost all essential consumer goods and services rose sharply in January.
This regulatory measure would discourage the import of these items and would have nominal impact on the general public.
Suzuki, Al-Haj Faw Motors and Daehan Dewan Motor Company to present plans to meeting chaired by Khawaja Asif.
Pakistan’s exports to the EU witnessed a paltry growth of over three per cent in 2016 from a year ago.
Senator Saleem Mandviwalla lambasted SECP over unfair interference in the PSX.
Petition filed in the IHC requests IHC to declare appointmetns of SECP chairman, commissioners as illegal.
Seeks audited accounts of last three years from LPG-producing companies.
The share of these products stood at around 32pc of Pakistan’s total import bill during the July-January period.
KSE-100 index down by 54.27 points to close at 49,008.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
- Housing, education, drugs boost inflation
- GSP+ failed to revitalise exports to EU in 2016
- Development spending in Sindh ‘grew 17pc in last five years’
- Another volatile week on PSX
- 3 automakers to share investment plans with govt
- Rising US shale output undermining Opec
- Cotton price steady
- Textile exporters demand release of refunds
- Iran plans to issue $4.5bn in bonds for energy projects
- Sindh industrial estate awaits investors
- SECP chief’s appointment challenged again in IHC
- SECP, Mandviwalla at odds over ‘interference’ in PSX
- Mexico warns of tariffs, spurns US aid under review by Trump
- Warren Buffett says don’t waste money on investment fees
- SBP imposes 100pc cash margin on some imports
- Ogra rejects govt request to set LPG cylinder price at Rs1,100