LAHORE: Eight people were badly burnt during a fire at a plastic factory in Lahore’s Quaid-i-Azam industrial estate area on Saturday, DawnNews reported.
The injured included two factory owners and both were in critical condition.
The fire moreover destroyed goods worth millions of rupees.
Police said the fire enveloped the factory during the early hours of Saturday. Rescue teams had reached the site of the incident and had started an operation. The injured were shifted to a hospital for treatment.
According to the preliminary investigation, the fire erupted as a result of gas leakage which filled a room. However, police was investigating the incident further, Rescue 1122 told DawnNews.