KARACHI: Federal Minster for Interior Rehman Malik on Thursday reiterated that the 'targeted operation' started in Karachi would continue until peace was established, DawnNews reported.
Malik said that police and Rangers were carrying out raids effectively on the basis of intelligence.
The law enforcing agencies had conducted 48 raids in different areas of the city and apprehended 90 suspects so far, he added.
The interior minister said providing peace to the citizens was a basic responsibility of the government and the operation would not be halted until the achievement of the objectives.
He further said that the media would be briefed about the nabbed criminals and seized weapons in a press conference later today.