PARIS: Pop icon Celine Dion on Friday cancelled all her remaining shows scheduled for 2023-2024, saying she was not strong enough to tour as she battles a rare neurological disorder.
Last year the 55-year-old Canadian singer revealed that she was suffering from the rare medical condition that was affecting her singing.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again... and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything until I’m really ready to be back on stage,” the My Heart Will Go On singer tweeted.
“I’m not giving up... and I can’t wait to see you again!” she added.
A statement released by her tour said: “With a sense of tremendous disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024.” “I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100 per cent” Dion said in her statement, which was also posted on Instagram. “It’s not fair to you to keep postponing the shows, and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m really ready to be back on stage again.”
Published in Dawn, May 27TH, 2023