NAROWAL: Two siblings were burnt alive and three others, including their mother, suffered burns after a fire erupted in a room of the house due to a burning candle at Dhaniwali village of Sambrial tehsil of Sialkot district.

Reports said 35-year-old Rani Bibi along with her children slept after lighting a candle in the house at night. Suddenly the candle fell on the bed as a result a fire broke out. Locals kept trying to control the fire. Later Rescue 1122 reached the spot.

Nimra (6) and Abu Bakr (4) were burnt alive while Aasia (14), Sajid (16) and their mother Rani Bibi suffered burns and were shifted to Sambrial THQ Hospital.

According to the hospital sources, the injured are said to be critical.

Published in Dawn, January 25th, 2023

Opinion

Editorial

Iran’s counterstrike
Updated 15 Apr, 2024

Iran’s counterstrike

Israel, by attacking Iran’s diplomatic facilities and violating Syrian airspace, is largely responsible for this dangerous situation.
Opposition alliance
15 Apr, 2024

Opposition alliance

AFTER the customary Ramazan interlude, political activity has resumed as usual. A ‘grand’ opposition alliance ...
On the margins
15 Apr, 2024

On the margins

IT appears that we are bent upon taking the majoritarian path. Thus, the promise of respect and equality for the...
Noshki killings
Updated 14 Apr, 2024

Noshki killings

It must be asked why Baloch separatists continue to target civilians as well as security men despite large deployment.
Upholding the law
14 Apr, 2024

Upholding the law

THE recent discord in Bahawalnagar offers a chance to reflect on the sanctity of the law and its enforcement across...
Tragic travels
14 Apr, 2024

Tragic travels

FOR those embarking on road and boat journeys, the probability of fatal accidents has seen a steady rise. The recent...