NAROWAL: Two siblings were burnt alive and three others, including their mother, suffered burns after a fire erupted in a room of the house due to a burning candle at Dhaniwali village of Sambrial tehsil of Sialkot district.

Reports said 35-year-old Rani Bibi along with her children slept after lighting a candle in the house at night. Suddenly the candle fell on the bed as a result a fire broke out. Locals kept trying to control the fire. Later Rescue 1122 reached the spot.

Nimra (6) and Abu Bakr (4) were burnt alive while Aasia (14), Sajid (16) and their mother Rani Bibi suffered burns and were shifted to Sambrial THQ Hospital.

According to the hospital sources, the injured are said to be critical.

Published in Dawn, January 25th, 2023

Opinion

Editorial

Road to perdition
Updated 01 Feb, 2023

Road to perdition

This is also the time of reckoning for those who sowed the seeds of a disastrous policy against militants.
Transport tragedies
01 Feb, 2023

Transport tragedies

TWO tragedies over the weekend illustrate the weak protocols governing the safety of transport in Pakistan. In fact,...
Disqualifying Jam Awais
01 Feb, 2023

Disqualifying Jam Awais

IT appears that there may be some kind of small punishment after all for PPP lawmaker Jam Awais, who was pardoned ...
Police Lines bombing
Updated 31 Jan, 2023

Police Lines bombing

Where the menace of terrorism is concerned, the government and opposition need to close ranks and put up a united front.
Oil price hike
31 Jan, 2023

Oil price hike

THE record single-day increase in petrol prices, preceded by massive currency depreciation, signifies the ...
Babar Azam’s award
31 Jan, 2023

Babar Azam’s award

BABAR Azam might not have lifted many trophies as Pakistan’s all-format captain in the last year but the star...