OKARA: A gas leakage in a house caused a blast late on Saturday, resulting in the roof collapse and injuries to four people who were asleep there in Depalpur.

Rescue 1122 said they rescued Tanvir, Nasreen, Shahnaz and Amin from the debris and shifted them to the Deparlpur Tehsil Headquarters Hospital. The gas supply which resumed after loadshedding, caused the blast. A family member lit the match as there was no power supply at that time, and it caught fire and the blast ensued.

Hearing the blast, locals rushed to the scene and rescued the family members buried under the debris.

Published in Dawn, January 24th, 2022

Opinion

Editorial

Updated 20 May, 2022

TTP peace talks

ANOTHER attempt to sue for peace with the outlawed TTP is being made, again facilitated by the Afghan Taliban that...
20 May, 2022

Beyond the law

THE senior judiciary should take care not to overreach in its zeal to ‘fix’ issues it ideally need not worry...
20 May, 2022

Political musical chairs

YET another political crisis is brewing in Balochistan, where old rivals Jam Kamal Khan Alyani and Sardar Yar...
Updated 19 May, 2022

To be or not to be

The same decision taken weeks or months from now will have far more devastating consequences.
19 May, 2022

Impact on Punjab

THE Supreme Court judgement interpreting the issue of disqualification of parliamentarians under Article 63A of the...
19 May, 2022

Forest fires

THOUGH spot and forest fires have become a perennial phenomenon especially in peak summer, the recent blazes —...