RAWALPINDI: A man died after falling from the rooftop of a house in Dhoke Elahi Baksh here on Tuesday.
In another incident, seven members of a family, including four children, sustained burn injuries in a gas leakage explosion on Adiala Road.
Tanveer Khan, 55, was visiting the house, which he wanted to take on rent, when he fell from the rooftop.
The injured was taken to the Benazir Bhutto Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
In the other incident, seven members of a family from Gilgit had gone to attend a wedding ceremony at a house in Shahpur Saidan when it caught fire after an explosion caused by gas leakage.
They remained trapped in the fire and sustained injuries.
However, Rescue 1122 reached the spot and extinguished the flames.
The injured were shifted to the Holy Family Hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger.
The injured were identified as Sadaqat Ali, 25, Ishaq Ahmed, 23, Afzal Khan, 44, Samia, 12, Sughra, 14, Aneeqa, 13, and Baneeqa 12.
The children sustained 35 to 70 per cent and the three adults 15 to 35 per cent burns.
Published in Dawn, October 15th , 2014