PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Administration Department on Monday notified additional standard operating procedures (SOPs) for visitors to the civil secretariat.
The SOPs have been issued following a devastating bomb blast, believed to be a suicide attack, inside the Malik Saad Shaheed Police Lines mosque, which is located just opposite the civil secretariat.
A notification issued from the administration department said that in view of the current situation, fresh instructions/SOPs had been issued in addition to the existing guidelines for entry to the civil secretariat, which would be strictly followed.
It said that full checking of vehicles, including bonnet, engine, trunk and underside would be carried out before being allowed inside the premises.
The new SOPs mandated full boy search of the visitors, and their details noted by those deputed at the gate.
The notification said that no vehicle would be allowed in front of the chief secretary’s office except his own escort. Besides, it said all the walkthrough gates would immediately be activated.
Published in Dawn, January 31st, 2023
Dear visitor, the comments section is undergoing an overhaul and will return soon.