NAROWAL: A fire broke out at a location near the army garrison in Sialkot on Sunday, Rescue 1122 said.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations, the accidental fire erupted in an ammunition shed due to short circuiting.

Rescuers said that soon after the fire broke out in the shed on Mudassar Shaheed Road, a plume of smoke and clouds billowed into the sky. Seven fire vehicles of Rescue 1122 took part in the operation.

Due to effective and timely response, the damage was immediately contained and fire has been extinguished. “No damage to property or loss of life,” said the ISPR news release.

According to Rescue 1122, two people, who were affected by the fire, were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital in Sialkot. Footage of the fire, shot by members of the public, went viral on social media. The rescue operation was commanded by engineer Naveed Iqbal, district emergency officer, Sialkot.

Published in Dawn, March 21st, 2022

Opinion

Editorial

Beyond the pale
Updated 09 Aug, 2022

Beyond the pale

When such ugliness is unleashed, everyone at some point suffers the fallout.
Burying Gaza
09 Aug, 2022

Burying Gaza

IT is a sad commentary on the politics of the Middle East that even its most tragic human stories get defaced and...
Celebrate the athlete
09 Aug, 2022

Celebrate the athlete

TALK about delivering on your promise: javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem did that in the grandest style at the...
An unseemly dispute
08 Aug, 2022

An unseemly dispute

THERE is clarity, but perhaps not of the kind that Chief Justice of Pakistan Umar Ata Bandial hoped to achieve when...
Unfair on taxpayers
Updated 08 Aug, 2022

Unfair on taxpayers

Unfair move has drawn valid criticism as it coincides with drastic increase in income tax on salaried people and corporates.
Polio nightmare
08 Aug, 2022

Polio nightmare

AS if the resurgence of polio in southern KP were not enough, officials and international monitoring bodies must now...