Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Nurses call off strike

Published Feb 16, 2017 06:56am

QUETTA: Nurses of Quetta’s two major hospitals on Wednesday ended the strike they had been observing for three days on the health minister’s assurance that all their demands would be met without delay.

Health Minister Mir Rehmat Saleh Baloch told the leaders of striking nurses at the Sandeman Civil Hospital that the government had decided to accept all their demands.

A committee, he said, had been formed to find a solution to the problems being faced by the nurses of the province.

Mr Baloch said the issues would be resolved on a permanent basis once Chief Minister Nawab Zehri returned to the town.

Mr Baloch handed over the copy of a summary regarding the acceptance of the demands to the chairperson of the Nurses Action Committee, Mina Luther. The summary had been sent by the health secretary to the chief minister.

“We are satisfied with the assurance of the minster and the summary sent to the chief minister,” Ms Luther told Dawn, adding that their representative had been included in the committee formed by the government.

Published in Dawn February 16th, 2017