PESHAWAR: An explosion at Peshawar's Mina Bazar on Wednesday, has left at least four people injured including a child, said police officials.

The bomb disposal squad AIG Shafqat Malik said that three hundred grams of explosives was used in a timer device.

The station house officer of Kotwali police station Ihsan Marwat said the bomb was planted to target a cold drinks shop.

He said the same shop had been targeted in 2013 and appears to be the result of a personal enmity, although they are probing the incident.

Mina Bazar has been the target of a number of bomb attacks, the most deadliest of which was on 28 October 2009, in which a car bomb left 137 people dead and over 200 others injured.

Opinion

Editorial

External woes
Updated 21 May, 2026

External woes

Relying indefinitely on remittances to offset structural economic weaknesses is not sustainable.
Political activity
21 May, 2026

Political activity

THE opposition is astir. There is talk of widespread protests this Friday over a list of dissatisfactions with the...
Seizing hope
21 May, 2026

Seizing hope

ISRAEL’S tyranny knows no bounds. After intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla that set sail last week, disturbing...
Hormuz gamble
20 May, 2026

Hormuz gamble

The Strait of Hormuz has become the real centre of the confrontation.
The unkindest cut
20 May, 2026

The unkindest cut

SUICIDE, a complex symptom of deep despair triggered by mental health problems, is hardly a moral issue. Punitive...
Ad hoc culture
20 May, 2026

Ad hoc culture

THE Supreme Court’s ruling against prolonged ad hoc and acting appointments is an indictment of a deeply ...