The benchmark KSE-100 Index gained 228 points by the halfway mark.
Growth of Islamic banking contributing to financial deepening but poses a challenge to supervisory authorities: IMF.
Emergence of bargain hunters, institutions' cherry-picking saw index rise by 174 points after seeing an intraday low.
Opposition lawmakers slam amnesty schemes; MNAs say FBR harasses taxpayers over audit.
Out-of-court settlement on the new fee structure which has been under dispute for over a year being negotiated.
Structural reforms needed to avoid risks associated with remittances financing trade gap, says SBP report.
PTI-led govt in KP approved plan that sets medium-term targets for macroeconomic indicators.
NA committee approved Rs12bn for 149 housing schemes after committee head directed exclusion of 46 projects.
France appears to be growing slightly faster than Germany for the first time since August 2012.
The project is being established to exclusively provide renewable energy to K-Electric consumers, says press release.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
- IMF calls for framework to streamline Islamic banking
- Ogra, OCAC in talks to reach deal over fee issue
- Development spending in KP to dip in next three years
- Rs12bn approved for housing schemes under next year’s PSDP
- Falling remittances to hit investment, consumption
- Institutional buying helps index gain 85 points
- corporate watch
- EU tries to keep multinationals from using tax loopholes