HTC lunches new Windows 8 Phone handsets, Welcome the 8X and 8S.
High Tech Comupter (HTC) has had a long and productive relationship with Microsoft for the better part of fifteen years.
Ever since HTC’s investment with Android and its Sense user interface, their relationship with Microsoft had been over shot. However, all that appears to be changing with HTC’s new Windows 8 smartphones – The 8X and 8S.
At first glance the 8X appears to have influences from Nokia Lumia designs, from the display to the button arrangement. Design attributes aside its made in full partnership with Microsoft including on-stage support by their CEO for the launch.
HTC’s CEO Peter Chou asked his team to focus on a Windows Phone 8 handset and sent them to the drawing board. The 8X – their flagship model features a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 4.3-inch super LCD2 display with Gorilla Glass, Beats Audio and a front facing camera, capable of capturing 1080p video.
HTC has matched technology with style to create an elegant, lightweight Windows Phone 8 device that will rival Nokia and Samsung's new Windows based smartphones.
According to HTC the 8X is designed to represent the colors that are found in Windows Phone 8, so if you buy a California Blue Windows Phone 8X Then you’ll get the blue tiles throughout the OS too. The depth recedes towards the edges, taking inspiration from a live tile so the phone feels a lot thinner when you hold it.
HTC said the 8X would launch in 50 countries in early November across 126 mobile operators, while the 8S would be available in 52 countries with more than 146 operators.
Unlike Nokia, HTC does not have everything riding on these two products, HTC still has their Android platform to fall back on.
The 8X and 8S are beautiful cutting edge devices, However HTC remains committed to both Andriod and Windows Phone 8.
Full Spec List for the 8X:
- SIZE: 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12 mm\
- WEIGHT: 130 grams with battery
- Display: 4.3 inch touch screen Ser LCD 2with Gorilla Glass
- Resoltion:HD 720
- CPU: Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz, Dual-core
- Platform: Windows Phone 8
- SIM CARD TYPE : Micro SIM
- Memory: Total Storage 16 GB, Available capacity Varies
- RAM: 1GB
- NETWORK: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- HSPA/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- SENSORS: G-Sensor, Digital Compass, Proximity Sensor, Ambient light Sensor
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC capable, Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Main Camera: 8 megapixel with autofocus, LED flash and BSI sensor
- F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: Ultra-wide-angle front camera, 2.1 Megapixel Front camera
- Battery: Embeded and rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery, 1800 mAh Capacity