ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister, Rehman Malik claimed on Monday that Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) had lost its patronage following Osama bin Laden’s death, DawnNews reported.
Speaking at the National Assembly, Malik denied opposition leader Chaudhry Nisar’s claim that the government was sleeping while the US operation was carried out.
Terming Nisar’s claim ‘baseless’, Malik said that he had informed DIG Abbottabad and the prime minister about the Abbottabad incident. He added that orders had been issued for the investigation of the Abbottabad operation.
Malik went on to allege that PML-N had received funding from bin Laden and had provided treatment to the ailing al Qaeda chief, adding that the party was responsible for bringing bin laden to Pakistan from Egypt.
He further said that those talking against the ISI and Pakistan Army were accomplices of bin Laden.