LAHORE: Two young boys lost their lives due to electrocution in the Gujarpura area on Sunday, while another boy was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

The deceased victims were identified as Javed, of Manwan, and Zeshan of China Scheme. The police initiated an investigation into the matter.

According to a police official, the three boys had decided to beat the scorching heat by taking a refreshing dip in a swimming pool located at Karol Ghatti. They suffered a severe electric shock while in the water. The caretaker of the swimming pool immediately alerted Rescue 1122 and the police about the incident.

The police are investigating the incident and looking into the potential role of any criminal negligence on the part of the swimming pool administration. Initially, the injured boys were taken to Kot Khawaja Saeed Hospital, where the doctors pronounced two of them dead. The third boy remains in critical condition, and the police are in contact with the families of the deceased to register a complaint against the swimming pool administration or owner.

Published in Dawn, June 5th, 2023

Opinion

Editorial

Little respite
03 Mar, 2024

Little respite

IS inflation on its way out? The Consumer Price Index showed that inflation dropped to 23.1pc in February from ...
More slaughter
Updated 03 Mar, 2024

More slaughter

Israel’s extremist leaders are on an apocalyptic mission to ethnically cleanse Gaza.
Without VCs
03 Mar, 2024

Without VCs

THE delay in appointing vice chancellors across Pakistan’s universities has mushroomed into a crisis, with one...
Urgent challenge
Updated 02 Mar, 2024

Urgent challenge

The incoming finance team will have to prioritise economic decisions over political considerations and personal whims.
Contempt ruling
02 Mar, 2024

Contempt ruling

AN Islamabad High Court decision penalising the city’s deputy commissioner, a senior superintendent of police and ...
Streets of death
02 Mar, 2024

Streets of death

A LIFE without a sense of permanence is one aspect of a human crisis as complex as homelessness. But the fact that...