LAHORE: A massive fire broke out in a garments factory in the M Block of Model Town on Saturday.
The fire spread so fast that it engulfed a major portion of the factory that was being run on the 4th storey of a building.
Eyewitnesses said huge flames could be seen from a distance as the factory was housing inflammable material, including garments, in a huge quantity. The fire went out of control quickly, gutting valuables and causing a huge loss to the factory owner.
A police official said 10 fire engines of the Rescue 1122 took part in the rescue operation. He said the fire had erupted in the storeroom of the factory first while it was initially reported that a boiler had exploded.
He added that the factory owner had kept a huge stock of garments for sale in the wake of the coming Eidul Azha.
No injury was reported as all the factory workers had immediately left the building after the fire erupted.
Published in Dawn, July 4th, 2022