SHANGLA: Fire reduced a five-room wooden house to ashes in Kuz Kana area of Alpuri tehsil here on Saturday.
A Rescue 1122 official told Dawn that the fire erupted in a room of the house owned by Lajbar Khan and quickly spread to other rooms.
He added the fire was erupted due to short-circuit and spread rapidly because 80 per cent wood was used in the house.
He said a rescue team had to walk to the house as it was located at a distance from the road.
He said the rescuers with the help of locals brought the fire under control after hectic efforts.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The house owner demanded of the government to help him rebuild the house.
Separately, the district administration on Saturday launched a campaign to remove the unnecessary speed-breakers from roads.
A statement issued by Shangla deputy commissioner Hamidur Rehman said speed-breakers were being removed from all the major and link roads, including the Karakoram Highway, as people had constructed these illegal speed-breakers on the roads on their own.
Published in Dawn, June 13th, 2021