— Dawn
— Dawn

SHANGLA: Fire caused by short circuit gutted a three-room house in Danda area of Bisham tehsil here on Monday.

The fire broke out at the house of former SHO Sar Lal owing to electricity short circuit that spread the to the entire house within minutes. Local people and police rescued the family, however, goods in the house were reduced to ashes.

Meanwhile, DPO Asif Gohar has suspended a police constable for his alleged involvement in hashish smuggling.

A statement said that after initial inquiry, constable Aman-i-Room was suspended for involvement in the hashish smuggling. The inquiry proved that the constable was involved in the illegal activity, it added.

Published in Dawn, July 14th, 2020