CHITRAL: Poisonous gas emitting from coals burning in a container killed a man and caused two others to faint here on Wednesday morning.

Chitral police identified the deceased as Azizur Rahman of Mori Lusht village while those hospitalised in serious condition were Kamran Ali of Charsadda and Mohammad Hakim of Singur Chitral. They said that the men were using coals for heating inside their room.

It was the second incident of suffocation in the city during the current month as earlier a police inspector and his nephew were found dead inside their room which had been filled by the toxic gas emitting from burning of coals.

Published in Dawn, January 16th, 2020