QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove has said the provincial government is paying Rs91 million per month to the Frontier Corps (FC) for providing security in the province.

During the question hour in the Balochistan Assembly, he said the FC had been deployed in Quetta, Ziarat, Mastung, Isplingi Road Mastung, Kachhi, Sibi, Nasirabad, Qila Abdullah, Kalat, Khuzdar, Awaran, Loralai, Barkhan, Ziarat, Kech, Gwadar, Pishin, Panjgur and Chagai districts in 2004 because of the precarious law and order situation there.

The minister said that 71 platoons and one wing of the FC were maintaining law and order in the province.

The house unanimously adopted a resolution condemning the recent Hazarganji blast in which 22 people lost their lives.

Speaking on the resolution moved by Qadir Nayal, Balochistan National Party-Mengal’s lawmaker Mir Akhtar Hussain Langove said: “We should stand firm against the evil of terrorism and extremism. It is necessary to establish a separate inquiry commission to investigate the incident.’’

Nasarullah Zerey of the opposition Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party said it had been intriguing that terrorist activities had moved towards Pakhtun areas of the province.

The house offered Fateha for the people who lost their lives in the Hazarganji terrorist attack, security personnel who died in the Ormara incident and a polio worker who was killed in Chaman.

Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan told the house that his government was committed to bringing reforms in every sector.

Earlier, Yar Mohammad Rind, Sana Baloch, Zeenat Shahvani, Nasarullah Zairy, Mir Zahoor Buledi, Syed Fazal Agha, Bushra Rind, Shakila Naveed Dehwar, Mir Salim Khosa, Nawaz Khan, Malik Naseer Shahvani and Akhtar Langove spoke on the havoc played by recent floods in the province.

Deputy Speaker Babar Khan Musakhel, who was presiding over the session, adjourned the proceedings till Saturday.

Published in Dawn, April 26th, 2019