Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

MURREE: Seven people including five of the same family died of suffocation in separate gas leak incidents in Murree.

Shahukat Abbasi and his wife were found dead in their room in Mohra Eswal village.

According to police, the couple, who married on Saturday, went to sleep on Sunday while keeping the gas heater on. The heater went off due to gas load shedding but when sometime in the night gas returned it started leaking from the heater and filled the room, and the couple died of suffocation.

In the second incident, five people of a family died in a similar fashion in Mussiarri village near Murree.

Those who died included Aasiya Bibi, 35, Akbar Jan, 70, Khansa Bibi, 11 Mohammad Daud, 5 and two and a half-year-old Ammara Bibi.

Published in Dawn, February 13th, 2018