KARACHI: A television host on local news channel Abb Takk was allegedly poisoned by a fan on Sunday.
Sana Faisal, the host of Abb Takk's 'Khufia' programme, was allegedly approached by a minor 'fan' on Sunday, Abb Takk sources told DawnNews.
The 'fan' asked the host for a selfie and an autograph, after which he gave her an icecream, the sources informed.
Sana ate the icecream and was hospitalised Sunday night, Ali said. The TV host was admitted to Ziauddin Hospital and is in stable condition, he added.
Station House Officer Hyderi Market Zulfiqar told Dawn that a First Information Report has been registered regarding the case.
The SHO said Sana Faisal went to Peshawari Icecream in North Nazimabad with her husband on Sunday night. A 14-15 year old boy gave her icecream after taking a selfie with her, the SHO said.
When she was on her way home after eating the icecream, she began feeling ill and was taken to the hospital.
The SHO said that Sana Faisal's statement was recorded at Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, where she was shifted from Ziauddin Hospital.