Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Thirteen bodies recovered from Khuzdar mass-graves: minister

Published Jan 27, 2014 06:03pm
Map shows location of Khuzdar district in Balochistan province.—Google maps image
Map shows location of Khuzdar district in Balochistan province.—Google maps image

QUETTA: As many as eleven bodies have been recovered from two separate graves found in Khuzdar district of Balochistan, provincial minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said on Monday.

Bugti said the eleven bodies have raised to thirteen the number of bodies from the two graves in the Tutak area of Khuzdar.

“Investigation into the incidents has been started and soon the facts will be made public,” he said.

Speaking to a foreign news organisation earlier on Sunday, Bugti said the bodies – most of which were decomposed and beyond recognition – were discovered after a local shepherd reported to security personnel the discovery of bones, body parts and the possibility of a suspected mass-grave in the area.

Bugti had only confirmed the recovery of four bodies in his conversation with the news organisation. He confirmed the recovery of further bodies on Monday while speaking to the state-run news agency APP.

Bugti, however, dispelled the impression that ‘dozens’ of bodies were found from the grave.

“There is no truth in the media reports in which they have claimed that ‘dozens’ of dead bodies were recovered in Khuzdar,” he claimed.