DERA GHAZI KHAN: The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons has pledged to hand over a protest memorandum to the United Nation’s representative in Islamabad.
Participants in the long march for the cause of the missing Baloch stayed for a while in the city on Saturday night. The group comprising 10 women, five men and two children moved on after a brief stopover.
Mama Qadeer Baloch, who is leading the march, told Dawn that Balochistan had been facing turmoil for the last 66 years.
“In the aftermath of targeted killings in the Musharraf-led era, we formed the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons in October 2009 to shake the conscience of the nation. We held rallies and organised hunger strikes in various parts of Balochistan,” he said.
He said 18,332 Baloch people had been missing and 700 mutilated bodies of the youngsters found. He said a shepherd found mass graves in Khuzdar. He said they had initiated their long march on Oct 27 from Quetta and reached Karachi in 27 days.
He said the group would present a protest memorandum to the United Nations as it had no confidence in the government or the judiciary. He said the group would also meet ambassadors of other countries.