Six students were also wounded in the explosion in the Ishkamish district of Takhar province.
Violence had dropped across much of Afghanistan since the Taliban announced a three-day ceasefire on May 24 to mark the Eidul Fitr holiday.
Taliban term the attack a ‘heinous crime’.
Khalilzad, Bajwa agree to work for mutually agreed goals.
The two assaults took place on Thursday and Friday in separate provinces in Afghanistan.
A government official says efforts to extend ceasefire are continuing.
“The Taliban have also suffered casualties,” says government spokesperson.
Top Afghan officials have demanded the Taliban extend the ceasefire which began on Eid and offered to reciprocate.
A major US concern is the militant Islamic State group gaining ground in Afghanistan.
The historic pause in fighting — only the second in nearly 19 years of war — has mostly held across Afghanistan.
Rejects Indian comments on Diamer-Bhasha dam.
Khalilzad says he met Ghani, Abdullah, discussed prisoners release and reduction of violence with Taliban leaders.
Haibatullah says every male, female member of Afghan society shall be given due rights if they denounce enmity.
“We have seen over last year, solid cooperation between Khalilzad and the Pakistani civilian and military leadership."
Political tensions will come to the fore as a challenging peace process demands difficult concessions.
After ‘virtual’ meeting, envoys of four countries call for start of peace dialogue at earliest.
Ashraf Ghani will remain president while Abdullah Abdullah will lead the National Reconciliation High Council.
“Nothing in our peace agreement with Taliban precludes them from killing Afghans,” says a US representative.
“ISIS has demonstrated a pattern for favouring these types of heinous attacks against civilians," says Khalilzad.
President Ashraf Ghani says he has ordered the military to switch to offensive mode rather than the defensive stance.
The attack has shaken the small medical community in Kabul to its core.
Afghan forces for weeks have been on a “defensive” posture in an attempt to help clear the way for peace talks.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter the militants claimed responsibility for the attack.
Khalilzad scheduled to return to Doha for resumption of negotiations with Taliban.
The release is part of a prisoner-exchange programme included in the US-Taliban deal agreed on February 29.
Taliban claim responsibility for bombing, say dozens died in it.
US election year makes bringing troops home top priority.
“If violence cannot be reduced then yes, there will be responses,” Col Leggett wrote in a letter to Taliban spokesman.
According to an official, Abdullah wants to lead peace talks with the Taliban and seeks a 50pc share in government.
Taliban reject figures, claiming report ‘conceals the daily crimes’ committed by govt, US forces.