ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Chief Justice on Tuesday said the impression that Balochistan’s law and order situation is improving was false, DawnNews reported.
A three-member bench, led by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, was hearing the Balochistan law and order case.
Chief Justice Iftikhar remarked that the target killings were taking place under “government’s nose”. He also said that more than 1,000 people and 432 FC troops have been killed due to target killings. He added that the Shia community was being targeted through these acts of violence and the culprits were not being arrested.
He added that it was the government’s responsibility to maintain law and order, not the assembly’s. Moreover, he said that state affairs were not being conducted in accordance with the Constitution.
Chief Justice Iftikhar added that yesterday, all health service in Quetta were closed. Everyone was aware of those who were involved in Dr Saeed’s abduction.
All remaining 85 missing persons, including lawyers and doctors must be recovered, he added.
Chief Secretary Balochistan Babar Yaqoob Fateh Muhammad submitted a second implementation report in court which was then rejected. The report he submitted earlier had also been rejected.
Vice President of the Balochistan High Court Bar Association (BHCBA) Sajid Tareen informed the court that along with others, 28 journalists had also been killed until now.
The DIG CID told the court that in the month before the court’s orders, 39 people were killed. 34 were killed after the court’s orders had been issued.
The counsel for the Balochistan government, Shahid Hamid requested some more time so that the situation could be controlled.
Subsequently, the court adjourned the hearing to Dec 5.