Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain. -File Photo

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain on Sunday termed a news telecast by private news channels regarding killing of four women of Kohistan totally wrong and baseless.

The Information Minister said that he had talked to the DCO Kohistan, the DIG Hazara and Home Secretary who had termed the reports about the incident baseless.

However, he said that the DCO Kohistan had been directed to reinvestigate the reports and send an investigation team to the area to further probe the matter.

He urged the media to confirm news from the authorities concerned before releasing or telecasting them.