QUETTA, Aug 10: Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani has again called upon militants to leave the mountains and take part in dialogue to solve problems of the province.

Talking to reporters after opening the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto flyover here on Sunday, he said: “I stand by my word and urge people fighting for their rights to come down and participate in dialogue.”

Nawab Raisani said that cases against Marri and Bugti tribesmen had been withdrawn as part of political reconciliation. He said some cases which were still pending would also be dropped.

“General Musharraf should resign and go home before a charge-sheet is presented against him in parliament,” he said. He expressed the hope that over 50 members of the Balochistan assembly would support a resolution asking the president to take a vote of confidence.

He announced Rs1 million reward for people providing information about target killings.

Opinion

Editorial

Back to bedlam
Updated 25 May, 2022

Back to bedlam

FEAR tactics have never worked in the past, and most likely will not this time either. The government’s ...
25 May, 2022

Balochistan blaze

THE forest fire on the Koh-i-Sulaiman range in Balochistan’s Shirani area is among a series of blazes to have...
25 May, 2022

Unequal citizens

INDIFFERENCE would have been bad enough, but the state’s attitude towards non-Muslims falls squarely in the...
Updated 24 May, 2022

Marching in May

MORE unrest. That is the forecast for the weeks ahead as the PTI formally proceeds with its planned march on...
24 May, 2022

Policy rate hike

THE State Bank has raised its policy rate by 150bps to 13.75pc, hoping that its latest monetary-tightening action...
24 May, 2022

Questionable campaign

OVER the past couple of days, a number of cases have been registered in different parts of the country against...