LAHORE: A judicial magistrate on Wednesday sent two suspects in the murder case of Mubashir Khokhar, brother of provincial minister Asad Khokhar, to jail on judicial remand and directed police to submit the investigation report.
The CIA police produced the suspects before the court and sought their further physical remand citing incomplete investigation.
A counsel for the suspects opposed further physical remand of the suspects and asked the court to send both of them on judicial remand.
The magistrate turned down the police’s request and sent suspects Nazim and Umar Hayat to jail on judicial remand.
The suspects had allegedly shot dead Mubashir at the wedding ceremony of Asad’s son.
BAIL: A sessions court on Wednesday allowed interim pre-arrest bail to another suspect in the Minar-i-Pakistan assault case.
Muhammad Asif, the suspect, along with his counsel appeared before the court and requested for the bail.
The counsel said the petitioner had no role in the incident, but the police had been raiding his house to arrest him. He said the petitioner was ready to join the investigation to prove his innocence.
The court allowed the petition for interim pre-arrest bail subject to furnishing of bail bonds worth Rs50,000.
Previously, another suspect, Shehroze Saeed, had obtained the pre-arrest bail from the court.
The police had registered an FIR against 400 unidentified people for assaulting a girl, molesting and stripping her.
A judicial magistrate allowed the police to shift 27 more suspects to jail for their identification parade.
NOTICE: A sessions court on Wednesday sought a report from Shahdara SHO on a petition seeking registration of a case against TikToker Ayesha Akram and her companion Rambo.
Mian Tausif, a citizen, filed the petition, alleging the woman and her companions had staged the mob assault at Minar-i-Pakistan for cheap publicity.
He said an application was filed with the Shahdara Police Station for registration of an FIR against Ayesha, but no action had been taken so far by police. He prayed to the court to order police to lodge a case against them on his application.
The court sought a reply from the SHO by Aug 28.
Published in Dawn, August 26th, 2021