QUETTA: Home Minister Sarfaraz Ahmed Bugti said on Monday that as a result of joint efforts by military and political leadership all no-go areas in Balochistan had been cleared.

Speaking to under-training officers of the National Defence University, Islamabad, he said the government was taking steps to improve law and order, besides completing the development projects.

Mr Bugti said that the law and order situation had improved to a great extent while efforts were under way to curb terrorism and extremism.

He said that police, Levies, Frontier Corps and other law enforcement agencies were playing their role in restricting anti-Pakistan elements. The government, he said, was making recruitments in police and other departments on merit.

Published in Dawn, October 17th, 2017

Opinion

Editorial

Crime against humanity
Updated 03 Dec 2021

Crime against humanity

The government has yet to fulfil its long-standing pledge to criminalise enforced disappearances.
03 Dec 2021

Revised valuations

THE revised property valuations notified by the FBR for 40 cities for the purpose of collecting federal taxes —...
03 Dec 2021

PWD await rights

ON the International Day of Disabled Persons, it is important to take stock of how far Pakistan has come in ensuring...
02 Dec 2021

Funding for polls

THE PTI government’s autocratic mentality is again on full display, even as it feigns adherence to the law....
02 Dec 2021

Soaring prices

PRICES are surging. And they are increasing at a much faster pace than anticipated, burdening millions of...
Ali Wazir’s bail
Updated 02 Dec 2021

Ali Wazir’s bail

IT has been a long time coming, but MNA and Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement leader Ali Wazir has finally been granted bail...