Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

Nasir threatens PCB with legal action

Updated May 19, 2017 09:20am

Your Name:

Recipient Email:

LAHORE: Suspended cricketer Nasir Jamshed has threatened to take the Pakistan Cricket Board to court over spot-fixing allegations against him.

In a video message posted on Twitter, the former Pakistan opener claimed that the PCB was maligning his name and challenged the board’s anti-corruption unit to present whatever evidence they had in public domain.

“The PCB is taking advantage of my silence. Time to answer back and take them to court,” he wrote in his post.

“PCB is being unfair with me as they are pressurising players and asking them to testify against me,” Jamshed said.

“Rather than maligning my name, I urge PCB to offer the evidence and I challenge them to bring all the evidence in public. There is something called professionalism and with all this my personal life is being affected. I have already consulted my lawyer and we want to challenge this and are willing to take PCB to court over this.”

The PCB believes Jamshed played a central role in the spot-fixing scandal which hit the Pakistan Super League tournament earlier this year.

He was arrested by the UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA) in February, the same day he was provisionally suspended by the PCB for allegedly violating its anti-corruption code. He was later released on bail.

Published in Dawn, May 19th, 2017

Your Name:

Recipient Email:

Saeed ahmad Raja May 19, 2017 10:25am

what a PCB playing with harass policies with young talent, why not call mother of Match fixing Misbah and Waqar Younus, read this ""If Dawn sport readers remember, that this is same Nasir Jamshed who has been called ex-coach Waqar Yunus with help of Misbah in world cup ODI 2015 inspite of already available batsman Sarfarz, but not given him chance, I have comments before at PSL problem time that calling Nasir, inquiry board should also call Waqar and Misbah and try to get their opinion why they choose Nasir, and he dropped many catches. Inquire why Nasir included in world cup tour, his dropping catches, PSL fixing . all should be inquired ? According to my opinion Misbah and Waqar Younus both involve with N.Jamshed.

Houlbelat May 19, 2017 04:13pm

Even if he was innocent in the spot fixing scandal, his rude behaviour to his seniors and indifference to the authorities, should be enough to discipline him permanently. His continued rubbing shoulders with the other orderly players, would definitely spoil them in all probabilities.

Desi May 19, 2017 04:52pm

Don't just make statements, if you are innocent then take PCB to court.

Dr Ahmad - Melbourne May 19, 2017 06:32pm

Why National Crime Agency (NCA) arrested you in UK? What happened to your reputation then? Did you take NCA to court?

Alba May 19, 2017 08:22pm

The former Pakistan opener claimed that the PCB was maligning his name. _Why would they do that?

human May 20, 2017 02:14am

It is time to stop the circus and fire entire PCB administration and bring back professional individual who would run this institute like a business.