It’s time to put on your travel shoes, because these photos will definitely make you want to head out to Bahawalpur.
The princely state in Punjab boasts a treasure of historic buildings, monuments and parks that many have never heard of.
1. Visible from several miles in Cholistan desert, the majestic Derawar Fort is a sight not to miss
2. Darbar Mahal will definitely take you back to the Ancient Mughalai Fort
3. Another attraction is the replica of Moti Mosque in Delhi, called the Abbasi Mosque
4. Noor Mahal and its stunning interior should be added to your itinerary
5. You might want to go 73km out of Bahawalpur to visit this crumbling beauty: the Tomb of Bibi Jawindi in Uch Sharif
6. Have you ever heard of the Farid Gate in Bahawalpur?
7. And here's another palace, the Sadiq Garh Palace
8. The city also boasts of one of the largest national parks of South Asia, the Lal Sohanra National Park
9. Even the central library is an architectural marvel
10. How stunning is the Gulzar Mahal?
The interior of Gulzar Palace is also strikingly beautiful
11. Who would believe this is the Government Boys High School?
12. All the nawabs of Bahawalpur are buried in this royal graveyard in Cholistan desert:
Do you have pictures that you would like to send us? Tag them with #dawndotcom on your Instagram account and get a chance to be featured on @dawndotcom, and possibly our website
For more live updates, follow Dawn.com's official news Instagram account @dawn.today