QUETTA: Chief Minister Balochistan, Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has revealed that worsening law and order situation in different parts of the province has deprived around 70,000 children from education.
Wrapping up the debate over deteriorating law and order situation during Balochistan Assembly session on Wednesday evening, he said mass migration and worsening law and order situation in sensitive parts of the province deprived children from schooling.
Dr Baloch said his government was determined to ensure provision of quality education to those students deprived of education, the basic fundamental right.
Most of the Baloch dominated areas in Balochistan were “no go” areas, he said. “Right from the Sariab road area of Quetta to Mand in Turbat, nobody feels safe to go there,” he told the house.
The chief minister said these areas were not “no go” areas in the past, however, policies of the previous governments have turned them into sensitive and troubled.
“Even Taliban style judgments are being issued in different parts of Balochistan,” he informed the provincial assembly members, who were passionately listening to the leader of the house.
Dr Baloch revealed that 78 gangs involved in kidnapping and other subversive activities were operating in Quetta alone, admitting to the fact that the province was faced with deteriorating law and order situation.
The chief minister said four military operations in Balochistan had been concluded without any negotiations and the fifth one was underway. “Use of force does not offer any solution,” he added.
He reiterated that his government was ready to hold talks with all sectarian and Baloch separatists groups to find political solution and bring an end to unrest in the province.
Speaker Balochistan Assembly, Jan Muhammad Jamali then adjourned the house proceedings till Thursday.