Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Malik demands probe into DI Khan attack

November 25, 2012

– APP (File Photo)

ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Rahman Malik on Sunday expressed anger over the Dera Ismail Khan blast and said that the incident could have been avoided by more vigilance, DawnNews reported.

Malik immediately ordered an investigation into the attack and has also asked for a report from the Khyber Pukhtunkhaw IG.

The minister condemned the bombing of the Muharram procession and said that had the route been cleared by BDS, the blast could have been averted. He also called for the arrest of the shop’s owner where the bomb had been planted.

Malik also called the Sindh IG and congratulated him on the success of averting a terrorist attack in Karachi. He said that police must remain alert throughout the time of the procession and ensure security.