Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Three Congo virus patients admitted to Quetta hospital

October 16, 2008

QUETTA, Oct 15: Three victims of Congo virus, from Quetta, Chaman and Sanjavi areas, have been admitted to the Chest Hospital here over the past four days.

Hospital sources said a

35-year-old woman from Sanjavi area in Ziarat district, who was bleeding from nose and mouth, was admitted on Tuesday and kept in the isolation ward.

Another woman from Quetta and a 26-year-old man from Chaman also had symptoms of Congo virus. “We have put them under observation in the isolation ward.”

They said most of Congo virus cases usually came from Loralai, Zhob and Musakhail.

The sources said over a dozen patients had been admitted over the past two months.

Three of them died. “Most of the patients were shepherds.”

Around 100 people have been of Congo virus in the province over the past two years.

The health department has established an isolation ward in the Fatima Jinnah Chest Hospital for Congo virus and other viral diseases.