BLA rejects govt’s offer for talks

Published April 10, 2008

QUETTA, April 9: The proscribed Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has rejected the government’s offer for talks, saying it was not ready even to consider it.

Talking to Dawn by a satellite phone on Wednesday, BLA spokesman Beebarg Baloch said: “We regard the government’s offer for talks as its defeat because previously it was not ready even to recognise the existence of the BLA.”

He said that three pillars of what he called genocide of the Baloch nation -establishment, the army and the Musharraf-led system -- were intact and the government could not hoodwink the Baloch people.

He said that two former governors of Balochistan, a chief minister, a provincial minister and a federal minister were on the hit-list of the BLA.—Staff Correspondent

Opinion

Editorial

Updated 19 May, 2022

To be or not to be

The same decision taken weeks or months from now will have far more devastating consequences.
19 May, 2022

Impact on Punjab

THE Supreme Court judgement interpreting the issue of disqualification of parliamentarians under Article 63A of the...
19 May, 2022

Forest fires

THOUGH spot and forest fires have become a perennial phenomenon especially in peak summer, the recent blazes —...
18 May, 2022

SC on defections

THE judgement is monumental and will significantly influence Pakistani politics for years to come. After a nearly...
18 May, 2022

Karachi blast

THE frequency of urban terrorism incidents over the past few weeks in Karachi should send alarm bells ringing within...
18 May, 2022

Threats to Imran Khan

IT seems there is never a dull moment in Imran Khan’s life. First, it was a cabal of local and international...