LAHORE: As many as eight people, including customers and employees, were injured when a gas cylinder exploded at a local hotel at Chuhng here on Wednesday.

The incident occurred in the morning on Multan Road when an employee was preparing breakfast for customers, a police official said.

He said as soon as gas leakage started, the cylinder caught fire and then exploded, injuring eight people sitting and standing around. They all suffered multiple burns in the blast.

Another employee of the hotel immediately called the police and the Rescue 1122 who reached the spot.

The ambulances shifted the injured to the Jinnah Hospital where the condition of all except Jamil (35) who suffered 35 per cent burns, was stable.

A doctor said 27-year-old Asif and teenager Faisal suffered 20pc burns and others from 10 to 15pc.

The police are investigating the matter.

Published in Dawn, January 13th, 2022

Opinion

Editorial

Taxing corporates
Updated 25 Jun, 2022

Taxing corporates

The steps taken by the government are reflective of the extremely sorry state of our economic affairs.
Poll security
25 Jun, 2022

Poll security

AS local government elections in Sindh as well as a raft of by-polls for the national and provincial assemblies draw...
Polio concerns
25 Jun, 2022

Polio concerns

THE fact that vaccine-derived poliovirus has been detected in London’s sewage samples for the first time in 40...
Parliament’s imprimatur
Updated 24 Jun, 2022

Parliament’s imprimatur

Implications of ‘mainstreaming’ militants are far-reaching and must be discussed threadbare by the people’s representatives.
Monsoon preparedness
24 Jun, 2022

Monsoon preparedness

THE deaths of four people, among them three children, and the usual post-rain chaos in Karachi on Wednesday, yet...
Balochistan budget
24 Jun, 2022

Balochistan budget

A BUDGET is all about the political choices a government makes. The eight-month-old Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo...