LAHORE: As many as eight people, including customers and employees, were injured when a gas cylinder exploded at a local hotel at Chuhng here on Wednesday.
The incident occurred in the morning on Multan Road when an employee was preparing breakfast for customers, a police official said.
He said as soon as gas leakage started, the cylinder caught fire and then exploded, injuring eight people sitting and standing around. They all suffered multiple burns in the blast.
Another employee of the hotel immediately called the police and the Rescue 1122 who reached the spot.
The ambulances shifted the injured to the Jinnah Hospital where the condition of all except Jamil (35) who suffered 35 per cent burns, was stable.
A doctor said 27-year-old Asif and teenager Faisal suffered 20pc burns and others from 10 to 15pc.
The police are investigating the matter.
Published in Dawn, January 13th, 2022