Qureshi denies withdrawal of powers from south Punjab secretariat

Published April 2, 2021
In this file photo, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi address a press conference. — DawnNewsTV/File
In this file photo, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi address a press conference. — DawnNewsTV/File

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said false news is circulating since Wednesday that south Punjab secretariat has been deprived of powers of posting and transfer of government officials.

In a video statement regarding south Punjab on Thursday, he said that Chief Minister of Punjab Usman Buzdar had ordered an inquiry in this regard.

Now the previous conditions had been restored and a notification had been issued to remove the misunderstanding, the minister said. He said that the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf government stood by its pledge to transfer powers to the parliamentarians and people of Punjab.

Published in Dawn, April 2nd, 2021

Opinion

Editorial

Debt trap
Updated 30 May, 2024

Debt trap

The task before the government is to boost its tax-to-GDP ratio to the global average by taxing the economy’s untaxed and undertaxed sectors.
Foregone times
30 May, 2024

Foregone times

THE past, as they say, is a foreign country. It seems that the PML-N’s leadership has chosen to live there. Nawaz...
Margalla fires
30 May, 2024

Margalla fires

THE Margalla Hills — the sprawling 12,605-hectare national park — were once again engulfed in flames, with 15...
First steps
Updated 29 May, 2024

First steps

One hopes that this small change will pave the way for bigger things.
Rafah inferno
29 May, 2024

Rafah inferno

THE level of barbarity witnessed in Sunday’s Israeli air strike targeting a refugee camp in Rafah is shocking even...
On a whim
29 May, 2024

On a whim

THE sudden declaration of May 28 as a public holiday to observe Youm-i-Takbeer — the anniversary of Pakistan’s...