NAROWAL: Seven people were burnt when a gas cylinder exploded during refilling at an outlet at Shakargarh’s Fatehpur Afghana village on Tuesday.

Muhammad Saleem Khan was refilling a cylinder at his shop and it exploded and caused a fire to break out.

Abdul Rehman, 14, Muhammad Saleem Khan, 65, Muhammad Zain, 9, Haider Khan, 42, Dilshad Khan, 40, Muhammad Danish and Faryad suffered injuries and a team of Rescue 1122 provided first-aid to the injured and shifted them to the DHQ hospital. Five of the critically injured people were referred to a health facility in Lahore.

Muhammad Bilal at the DHQ hospital said five patients with 35 per cent to 75 per cent burns were referred to Lahore as there was no burn unit in the DHQ Hospital.

Published in Dawn, May 27th, 2020